Sunday, November 18, 2012

What to Read????

I just finished Pygmalion 2 days ago and have no idea what to read next. I have over 1000 books on my kindle and well over 300 books on my bookshelves. So why is it so difficult to just select the next novel? Sometimes I wonder if I have too many books........then I giggle to myself and say.....


It may be that there are a few new books out or due for release that I don't have in my collection that I'm just aching to read! Here's a few perfect examples of books I can't stop thinking about (and by no means a complete list):

Amanda Quicks - Quicksilver, Book 2 of the Arcane Society: Looking Glass Trilogy

Seth Grahame-Smith - Unholy Night (A Twist on the 3 Wise Men)

Janet Evanovich - Wicked Buisness - Book 2 (I just loved Wicked Appetite)

 Sabrina Jeffries - Twas the Night After Christmas (Another Book associated with the Hellions Series)

Janet Evanovich - Notorious Nineteen - Due out 11-20-12

Here I smack myself with my kindle or nearest hardcover, I simply must be practical!! With well over 1300 books to choose from (and yes I've read a lot of them) there is something to read! I'm not even in a rut, I'm just confused! Do I want to read a regency or a cozy mystery or a historical? Maybe something with a sexy vampire or a classic and then what about my desire to continue with the old Gothics? I could even re-read a few of my favorites! I need a list, like a top 10 or maybe I just need a book handed to me.....here read this and quit whining!

Then there are the 3....yes,  the 3 books I've started and have been unable to finish for different reasons. I'm not giving up, just setting them back on the shelf for the time being -

- Elizabeth Kostova's Swan Thieves, I've actually tried to read this a few times without success. Just a little boring I suppose, but I'm not ready to give up nor am I ready to try again.
Ariana Franklin's City of Shadows - It's excellent so far, I just need a little frivolity. I'm not sure I'm looking for something this intense right now.
A. E. Moorat's Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter - I was having some trouble sleeping and when I started this I was afraid I'd never sleep again. I may need to wait for summer when the days are longer and the sun doesn't set at 6:30pm, thus there is less possibility of demon attacks! LOL! Just kidding! It's a good book but I have been suffering from sleepless nights and I don't need to add nightmares to the mix. I just love books like this too! Soon this book will be back in my grubby mitts!

I am no closer to figuring out what book is next to read but I have a plan. I will make a list of a few books that have been jogging around in my mind waiting for the opportunity to be read. It may help make my selection easier for me and if I just focus on a list of 10 I can read those and be back on track. Usually one book leads to another and another.

"Mischief Managed"~ Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a new GFC follower:) Check out my blog at:
    http://andreaheltsley.blogspot.com
    Cheers!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea and I just checked out your blog! I'm your newest follower. I have to know.....how did you manage to read 300 books this year! I am in awe of your greatness! Next year I'm going to have to get a lot more serious! LOL!

    ReplyDelete