Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Shenanigans

Afternoon Tea~

I love having afternoon tea......I love tearooms, I love teacups and I love tea. Ohhhh and I love the sweet and savory confections that go with tea. Here are a few I'm just dying to try!

Is this not a delightful setting for a tea party?

one of my favorite scone flavors, this recipe looks excellent
to be served with Clotted or Devonshire cream and
homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam or Marmalade
 
Before our infamous hurricane, Charlie, I frequented the Harbor Inn Tea Room
they served a delightful strawberry soup -
I have searched for a similar recipe and this seems to be close

 Tea would not be complete without a few tea sandwiches
I recommend soaking the sliced cucumbers in vinegar for a short time,
then pat them dry before sandwich assembly
 
 This is a beautiful romantic and shabby chic garden tea party setting
 
 I am nuts over savory tarts and am looking forward to trying these delectables.
 

 On to the deserts.....
Vanilla Bean Shortbread Sandwiches with Orange Butter Cream
 
 Lemon Mascarpone Brulee with Cherry Compote
 
lots of tea - black tea, white tea or green tea
ohhhhh I love Chi tea too!
And if you haven't tried Russian tea it's something all together different, strong,
smoky and woodsy with an unforgettable flavor, not unpleasant by any means

Wouldn't it be fun to have tea with Cary!

"Mischief Managed" ~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment