Saturday, November 24, 2012

To Tweet or Not to Tweet, That is the Question

What is twitter? Wikipedia defines twitter as "an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based messages of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets"."


I have been asked on more than one occasion if I have a twitter account. I don't! I didn't even consider the fact that I would need one running a blog. I basically want to just write about the books I love! I have found that, in itself, is not always easy when I work full time, have 2 teenagers and want to read as much as possible. I often think.....get ahead with your blog, but that isn't as easily done. I will adjust, I am sure, and find a way to manage all of this better. I think I need a smart phone....you  gasp, "you don't have a smart phone?" In defense, I have a laptop and well, I guess I thought that was enough (here I hang my head in shame, knowing that what I really want is a smartphone but semi conscience of the fact that I don't want to pay for it)!

So to tweet or not to tweet, that is the question. I suppose I should make a twitter account and see what all the fuss is about before actually committing to posting tweets myself. I could follow authors and maybe fellow bloggers. I admit I'm not much of a facebooker but I love pinterest and goodreads.

I follow my favorite authors for new book releases and most of the time I don't even check in to see what they are reading. I'm often more interested in what their fans are reading. They, like me, are much more interested, in my opinion, in reading good entertaining books. I know this is not completely true as I have spoken with many authors who read as much as they write. Having an obvious fondness for reading. Ok, I'll be brutally honest, sometimes I look at the books they are reading and in no way would I follow suit! I will amend this only to Anya Wylde, who likes a lot of the same types of books that I do. More on her later - she is an amazing new author!

So would a twitter account be beneficial to a blogger? I really have no way on knowing, hmmmmm without asking fellow bloggers.....time to check in at Blook Blogs. The bloggers and authors there seem to know everything! LOL! And it's fun too, meeting bibliophiles like me!
"Mischief Managed (for now)" ~ Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment