Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Night Baking - Peanut Butter Cookies (and a romance novel)

I was feeling like I needed something a little sweet but it's Saturday night and I didn't want to spend all night slaving in the kitchen and then cleaning said kitchen sooooo I grabbed my favorite flour-less peanut butter cookie recipe. It's basically Paula Deen's Magical Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe but I switched it around just a little. Paulas Cookie Recipe

Kelly's Peanut Butter Cookies:
  • 1 cup of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla (I don't always add vanilla)
  • optional - mini choco chips (rarely do I add choco chips but they work well in this recipe)
Mix ingredients in a bowl until combined. Roll out into balls about the size of a walnut or whatever size you like and use a fork dipped in sugar to press a crisscross pattern into the top of the cookie & flattening slightly. I like to sprinkle a little sugar on top too. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

I've been using this recipe for years.....everyone loves this cookie!

  Enjoy!
 
 
Tonight my daughter, Ms. Sassy Pants and I added chocolate chips to half the cookie dough. They were awesome! But now you must pardon me, a few cookies and good romance novel are calling! 
 
"Mischief Managed" ~ Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment