Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 TBR Pile

I'm soooo very excited about the upcoming year and all the amazing books in my to-be-read stack!


We are so fortunate to have such a wide selection of novels to choose from with easier then ever accessibility. For me, Amazon is really amazing....... they offer so many reduced and free book deals for Kindle users. The convenience is also very appealing, I can't even think where I would put 1300 books except to remove the furniture and make new furniture out of them - my kindle just makes it look so easy! My TBR list is very long and would probably take me all night and part of tomorrow to type out so I'll just start with a few novels that I'm the most excited about:

Persuasion by Jane Austen
I received a gift card to Amazon for Christmas - YEAH ME! So I bought the above for $.99 cents. This Jane Austen edition has all of her full length novels along with 6 other stories she wrote. It is also supposed to have easy to navigate formatting. My fingers are crossed!! 
 

 Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
by Seth Grahame-Smith
 
Oooohhhhh yeaaaaaaa, I love spoof lit or Quirk books and this novel has been one I've wanted to read since I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies . Christmas Day it was a kindle daily deal and I bought it for $1.99, (it's now $5.99 which is still greatly reduced from what it has been). I haven't seen the movie but rarely do I watch movies before reading the books. There are great reviews for the novel  - to read Amazon's book description click here
 
 Reforming A Rake
by Suzanne Enoch
 
Currently $1.99 @ the Amazon Kindle Store. Published in 2009 - Amazon Book Description:
 
A governess must never be alone with a man. Her reputation mustn't have even a hint of scandal. She must never reveal personal emotions. No matter how strong the provocation by her employer. A governess never questions her employer's commands. Even when he's tempting her to forsake respectability for desire? She must never, ever, fall in love with someone above her station. Especially a rake—no matter how devastating his kisses may be . . .
 
 
 London Calling
by Anna Elliot
(book 2)
 
London Calling is the follow up novel to Susanna and the Spy (free on Kindle), which I adored. I haven't read a book by Elliot though that I didn't just love. London Calling is $3.99 on Kindle, the perfect price! Described as a regency cozy mystery, the novel is a fairly short read @ 238 pages. Amazon's Book Description
 
 A night in the Manx Museum
by Michele McGrath
 
I'm fascinated with the Isle of Man. We have ancestors on my mom's side that came to America from the Isle. I found this novella (children's book really) recently and it's only $.99 cents and 55 pages.  Amazon's Book Description:
 
Ellen falls asleep in the Manx Museum. She wakes to find herself surrounded by ghosts who tell her stories and take her on adventures. She meets Manannan, god of the sea, a tail-less cat, the Pagan Lady (who was buried at Peel Castle) and a host of other characters.
The Manx Museum is a gem of a small museum, situated in Douglas in the Isle of Man.
The book is suitable for readers aged 7+ but has been read and enjoyed by children in Year One (5-6 year olds).

 From Russia with Love
by Ian Fleming
 
My favorite James Bond movie of all time! Today this novel is $1.99 (Sunday 12-30-12) on the Kindle Daily Deal along with 13 or so other James Bond novels by Fleming. Amazon Book Description.
 
 The Scourge
by Roberto Calas
 
I've written about this novel before. It's a Kindle Serial and every 2 weeks I receive another episode download for a one time price of $1.99. Once the serial is complete the novel will be available for purchase as a complete book. I should receive my final episode sometime in February. Medieval England, knights and a zombie plague - it doesn't get any better!
 
A few of my favorite authors have recently published or have releases due out in 2013 that are not in my collection of books but are novels I dream of adding to my TBR pile.........
 
Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel - Janet Evanovich, pub 11-20-12
Wicked Business: A Lizzy and Diesel Novel - Janet Evanovich, pub 6-19-12
'Twas the Night After Christmas - Sabrina Jeffries, pub 10-30-12
What the Duke Desires - Sabrina Jeffries, to be pub 6-18-13
Ten Reasons to Stay Sabrina Jeffries, to be pub 5-16-13 (possibly a novella)
Stormswept - Sabrina Jeffries, to be pub 6-16-13
Silver Deceptions - Sabrina Jeffries, to be pub 6-6-13
By Love Unveiled - Sabrina Jeffries, to be pub 2-26-13
Quicksilver: Book Two of the Looking Glass Trilogy (An Arcane Society Novel) - Amanda Quick, pub 4-19-11
Crystal Gardens - Amanda Quick, pub 4-24-12
The Mystery Woman (Ladies of Lantern Street) - Amanda Quick, pub 4-23-13
The Husband List - Janet Evanovich, to be pub 1-8-13
The Heist: A Novel - Janet Evanovich, to be pub 6-18-13
 
 (if you want to check out the above novels, they are each a link to the web page @ Amazon)
 
 Most of these books are less than $10.00. Newly published books by Evanovich and Quick usually run between $12.99 and $13.99 because they are originally published in hard cover. I always wait until they are out in paperback to purchase, even on the Kindle.
 
I hope you have a stack of to-be-reads that you can't wait to dive into this coming year! I always look forward to the adventure of reading about far off lands, distant pasts, crazy scenarios, funny characters and the escape of daily living in this world so filled with turmoil.
 
 “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” Charles William Eliot
 
"Mischief Managed" ~ Kelly
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment